Although we're well into Autumn, it seems there are still Summer sale bargains to be had if you look carefully.
The past week my inbox has been fairly deluged with emails letting me know of
30% off deals for winter coats,
20% of jeans - but quick, only if you hurrah and click today!
and sales of up to 50% off for this, that and the kitchen sink!
Ok, maybe not for kitchen sinks. I'm not signed up to bathroom stores newsletters!
First up, a skirt that I had my eye on for sometime. This striped jacquard print skirt is currently reduced from £45 to £20 - less than half price! And the good news is most sizes are still available. But do let's double check with each other that if we're going to the same social 'do' together, we don't turn up looking like Tweedledum and Tweedledee, in the same skirt!
I had loved the woven jacquard bands interlaced with the coloured bands but at full price had resisted the lure of them. But when I saw it go in the sale for only £20, I decided it would be foolish to pass it up.
With a shiny metallic top this would look lovely for a Christmas lunch party. But equally, it's the kind of skirt that worn with sandals and a cami top, would be delightful on a Summer's day.
Next up is my 'pleasantly surprised' purchase! Now I'm not one for dungarees. Lots of fellow bloggers wear them and wear them stylishly well. But they're just not for me. However, I do like the idea of dungarees, so what's the next best alternative?
Why a dungarees dress!
In dark wash denim!
And with pockets!
I saw this Dungarees Dress on the sale rail and thought I'll give that a whirl as I've long known that you must try things on your body before deciding whether it will look good ON your body. Well, once on, I rather liked it on my body and so off to the till it went with my skirt.
Just shows that sometimes it's good to take a punt and try things on. What's the worst that can happen? It doesn't suit? Well, just pop it back on the hanger and move on!
This was almost but not quite half price. Reduced to £25 from £45. For the quality it is and for those pockets, it's a steal! Sadly online it's only available in size 6 now but I'm sure there are a few sizes in stores if you shop around. It's not a petite but the beauty of the adjustable straps means I can alter the length to make it work so it hits just on the knee.
I've already worn it this week with mock croc slip ons and a long sleeve patterned top and when temperatures start to fall, out will come the tights and ankle boots.
Links à la Mode
Last week I submitted a post to the weekly round up feature on Independent Fashion Bloggers, so t'was rather a lovely surprise to find out that my How to wear black and white without looking boring post was chosen. Here's my pattern play on black and white polkadots to liven up a monochrome outfit!
Thanks to Payton Grantham for including my post in the weekly round up Links à la Mode.
I particularly liked The Classy Junk's post 7 Easy to Thrift Pieces for Autumn, showing that whether you buy a bargain in the sale (like me above!) or whether you thrift, there are always classic, staples you can add to your wardrobe, without having to break the bank.
Links à la Mode, October 6th
- A Blonde’s Moment: Rainy Daze
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: What’s in my Ipsy September 2016 Glam Bag!
- Concreteislandista: The Fashion Minded Pop Up Shop
- Elements of Ellis: Grid Print Top
- Fashion Footprint: Blacky Black
- Finite1: How to Mix and Match Fall Colors: Jewel Tone Colors
- Jazmin Racquel: Suede Mini Skirt for Fall
- Lady Diana’s Pearls: Cozy Plaid Scarf
- Living After Midnite: Makeup Monday: Metallic Berry Fall Makeup
- Middle of Somewhere: The Weekly Style Edit Link Up: Fringe
- Milk White Moon: Denim and Pink
- Modavracha: The Circle Bag Trend
- Musings of a Shopaholic Mama: Fall Floral: How to Wear 3 Ways
- My Golden Beauty: The Perfect Peplum Blouse for Fall
- One Awesome Momma: From Work to Weekend
- Petite Silver Vixen: How to Wear Black and White without Looking Boring
- Style with Nihan: Radical Stripes
- The Chic Machine: Product Review: Glossier’s Super Serums
- The Classy Junk: 7 Easy to Thrift Pieces to Enhance Your Autumn Wardrobe
- Wish and Wear: Best Supporting Acts